I am always working on the relationship I want to have with my kids. I want to be their best friend and secret keeper. I know that there will come a day where they will not share their secrets with me anymore, or I will not be the first one to talk to. My kids are still young though, my daughter is 5 years old and my son is only two years old and he is not talking properly yet. But I am always keen to tell them that they can tell me whatever they want whenever they want. I am trying as much as I can to tell my daughter that I WANT to listen to her. The first thing I always do when my daughter comes from school is asking her lots of questions about her school day. She rarely answers me. Sometimes she is super tired and wants to relax and some other times, she feels like she has nothing important to say.
I thought today about playing a game with her, I told her that I want to check how well does she know me and how well do I know her. I made a cup of green tea for me and gave her a cup of milk and pretended as if we are in a coffeshop as friends having some girl’s talk and started ask the questions. She was super excited and we had so fun.
So here are the questions:
How well does my daughter know me!
1) What is my favorite color?
Pink (Okay, it is not pink but I didn’t tell her no, she believes that every girl’s favorite color is pink)
2) How old am I? Almost 30 ( That was a surprise for me 😂)
3) What is my favorite song? Omar Khairat
4) How many siblings do I have? One brother
5) What is my favorite dessert? Cakes
6) What are my hobbies? Reading and painting
7) Who is my best friend? Auntie Alaa
8) When is my birthday? October
9) What is my favorite Meal? Pasta
Okay, so those where my questions to my daughter and she surprised me with the answers. Here are the questions I asked myself about her .
How well does mommy know me?
1) What is your favorite Color? Pink ( Always!)
2) What is your favorite Meal? Chicken nuggets and Pizza
3) What is your favorite Song? Troll’s Movie song
4) Favorite School Subject? English
5) What is your favorite movie? Frozen
6) What is your favorite thing to do with mommy? Dancing and Drawing
7) Who is your best friend? Mommy ❤️
8) What do you want to be when you get older? A doctor.
I have to say that I was thrilled with my daughter’s answers. She knows me well and there were some talking with the questions that brought tears to my eyes. It was a surprise for me because sometimes I am over occupied with my daily routine and I feel at the end of the day that I am the worst mother ever, I didn’t have enough time with my kids. But to my surprise they don’t see that, they always see that I am doing my best for them. God bless all our kids❤️❤️❤️❤️